Team SpD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Windows Xp Sp2 Activado
Level Up Your Footsies EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 4:35 pm by bentiwin
Windows Xp Sp2 Activado > http://tinyurl.com/po25dkp

Comments: 1
Latest topics
» BouncedSetup.ArabSeed.CoM.exe
Level Up Your Footsies Emptyby bentiwin Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:23 pm

» Power Rangers Samurai Volume 1 The Team Unites (2012) COMPLETE [NTSC DVDR]
Level Up Your Footsies Emptyby bentiwin Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:21 am

» Mom And Son Assamese Language Sex Story
Level Up Your Footsies Emptyby bentiwin Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:33 am

» Stay - ????????
Level Up Your Footsies Emptyby bentiwin Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:49 am

» Fix_p8.25.exe For Windows 8
Level Up Your Footsies Emptyby bentiwin Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:42 am

» WWW.NXXN.COM.THAILAND.
Level Up Your Footsies Emptyby bentiwin Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:18 pm

» Rihanna Stupid In Love
Level Up Your Footsies Emptyby bentiwin Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:38 pm

» Rihanna Stupid In Love
Level Up Your Footsies Emptyby bentiwin Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:36 pm

» BouncedSetup.ArabSeed.CoM.exe
Level Up Your Footsies Emptyby bentiwin Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Level Up Your Footsies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SpeeDKickS
Mod
SpeeDKickS

XBL : SpeeDKickS
PSN : SpeeDKickS
Rep : 1

Level Up Your Footsies Empty
PostSubject: Level Up Your Footsies   Level Up Your Footsies EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Execution, mix up game, frame traps, block strings, jump ins, wakeup game. All of these, they would be nothing without momentum. Momentum forces your opponent to block, lets you jump without getting hit, let's you do everything you want to your opponent without fear of getting hit. This is where mastery of footsies comes in. You can't pressure your opponent until you can safely get close to them. So here's a few things you'll need to gain the momentum.

Defense - The key to staying alive. You want to do what it takes to gain momentum, you definitely don't want to give it to your opponent. This includes anti airs and keepout attacks. Moves that keep your opponent from getting in on you. Some characters can get momentum off these defensive attacks. Defense also requires you to analyze your opponent's offensive patterns to break his momentum and start your footsies again.

Keepout Attacks - Attacks that are used to keep your opponent out of range. An advancing opponent will not be holding back to block. For example, Ryu's cr.mk xx fireball. It's nice, you get a small chunk of damage out of your opponent if he tries to advance. Fullscreen fireballs cause pushback and forces your opponent to block or find an alternative way around them.

Offense - This is where it gets pretty tricky. What you have to do is, read your opponent's defensive patterns. Try to figure out what he won't be expecting, what he can't counter and take advantage of it. Some people can't handle certain jump distances, some struggle against slide attacks. Reading your opponent and taking advantage of the openings is the key to gaining momentum.

Once you gain your momentum, you can have your way with your opponent until he breaks out or...gets stunned. Good luck with this guys, hope I helped a bit.
Back to top Go down
SpeeDPuNcH
Mod
SpeeDPuNcH

XBL : SpeeDPuNcH
PSN : SpeeDPuNcH
Rep : 3

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Your Footsies   Level Up Your Footsies EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Few things I did realize. Once your opponent gets to the point where it's like "Ok this is too much" they tend to mash dp, and a lot of you guys don't realize this, and get DPed cause you don't respect your opponent. I notice this when I fight you guys (not all of you). Remember when you have momentum, there's a point where you need to bait, and you get a free combo.
Back to top Go down
SpeeDKickS
Mod
SpeeDKickS

XBL : SpeeDKickS
PSN : SpeeDKickS

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Your Footsies   Level Up Your Footsies EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:57 pm

Of course, just because you have momentum doesn't mean you're invincible. Reversals are still a factor, so you still have to mix up.
Back to top Go down
SpeeDPuNcH
Mod
SpeeDPuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Your Footsies   Level Up Your Footsies EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 3:03 am

And that's one thing I notice in myself and a lot of other people. We need to work on that.
Back to top Go down
Beatz

Beatz

XBL : SpD Beatz
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Your Footsies   Level Up Your Footsies EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:27 pm

This helped me out because I didn't know what momentum was lol. Yea I gotta work on that too and my FADC
Back to top Go down
SpeeDPuNcH
Mod
SpeeDPuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Your Footsies   Level Up Your Footsies EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:15 pm

Now that my definition has changed a bit, I'll throw it out there. No matter what character you have, use footsies to gain momentum (like kicks said) and use the momentum to push your opponent to the corner. Now for some characters it will be a lot easier that others, but once you push your opponent into the corner, "they're forced to do what they should have done when they were mid screen" (that's kicks for that extremely helpful advice) and plus, your mixups will be even better because they have to think "is he really gonna let me out of the corner do to a mixup?" and guessing will be a lot more complicated for them. Plus safe jumps in the corner = max damage punish Smile!!
Back to top Go down
Zero

Zero

PSN : SpD_Zero

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Your Footsies   Level Up Your Footsies EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:30 pm

I like that thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Your Footsies   Level Up Your Footsies Empty

Back to top Go down

Level Up Your Footsies
Page 1 of 1