Team SpD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Windows Xp Sp2 Activado
Understanding the game EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 4:35 pm by bentiwin
Windows Xp Sp2 Activado > http://tinyurl.com/po25dkp

Comments: 1
Latest topics
» BouncedSetup.ArabSeed.CoM.exe
Understanding the game Emptyby bentiwin Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:23 pm

» Power Rangers Samurai Volume 1 The Team Unites (2012) COMPLETE [NTSC DVDR]
Understanding the game Emptyby bentiwin Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:21 am

» Mom And Son Assamese Language Sex Story
Understanding the game Emptyby bentiwin Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:33 am

» Stay - ????????
Understanding the game Emptyby bentiwin Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:49 am

» Fix_p8.25.exe For Windows 8
Understanding the game Emptyby bentiwin Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:42 am

» WWW.NXXN.COM.THAILAND.
Understanding the game Emptyby bentiwin Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:18 pm

» Rihanna Stupid In Love
Understanding the game Emptyby bentiwin Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:38 pm

» Rihanna Stupid In Love
Understanding the game Emptyby bentiwin Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:36 pm

» BouncedSetup.ArabSeed.CoM.exe
Understanding the game Emptyby bentiwin Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Understanding the game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SpeeDPuNcH
Mod
SpeeDPuNcH

XBL : SpeeDPuNcH
PSN : SpeeDPuNcH
Rep : 3

Understanding the game Empty
PostSubject: Understanding the game   Understanding the game EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 2:51 pm

What are some things you dont really understand about the game? For some people its option selects, some it's safe jumps. The only thing I really don't get is negative edge.. I never use it, and it's a bit dumb to me. I use mash method for FFF, negative edge execution is too complicated for me.

Last edited by SpeeDPuNcH on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SpeeDKickS
Mod
SpeeDKickS

XBL : SpeeDKickS
PSN : SpeeDKickS
Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the game   Understanding the game EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:04 pm

OS, Frame traps, Negative edge, safe jumps, frame data, hit boxes stuff like that I can understand. The one thing I'm struggling to understand is how mixups truly work. For example:

You do a move, get a hard knockdown. From there you have 5 options. You try one, get blocked, now there's 8 options for you to chose.

Keeping up with these options and trying to chose the right one under pressure is hard for me to do.
Back to top Go down
SpeeDPuNcH
Mod
SpeeDPuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the game   Understanding the game EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:13 pm

Well with mixups, I'd assume you have a certain amount of options depending on the character you're using, 1 being the right one, one being wrong, and the rest leaving neither you or your opponent and an advantage or disadvantage. Usually the one who can pressure better is the one who ends up getting the advantage, and with your pressure skills, you really only have 1 guess that can be wrong.
Back to top Go down
SpeeDKickS
Mod
SpeeDKickS

XBL : SpeeDKickS
PSN : SpeeDKickS
Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the game   Understanding the game EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Not always. For example, with Ibuki if you get a blocked jab, you have the option to follow up with another jab for a block string, an option to throw, an option to use her overhead(which is lower body invincibile and throw invincible), frame trap, poke, roundhouse kicks for chip, neutral jump, jump back kunai. Your opponent may have a move that beats 3 of these, a move that beats 4 of these, a backdash option, a jump option, a tech option, a dp option, a way to get out of the frame trap, things like that. Now...pick your path in a matter of 3/60th of a second.
Back to top Go down
SpeeDPuNcH
Mod
SpeeDPuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the game   Understanding the game EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:19 pm

And that's something we all have to work on. /:
Back to top Go down
Shoryu

Shoryu

PSN : SpD_Shoryu
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the game   Understanding the game EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Well for me i know what is os, mixups and frame traps but i dont really fully understand safe jumps thats about it.
Back to top Go down
SpeeDPuNcH
Mod
SpeeDPuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the game   Understanding the game EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:25 am

Safejumps were tricky to me at first, It took a while to understand them. Pretty much they're like option selects. With a safe jump, its like playing rock paper scissors, but being able to use all of them. You jump in while your opponent is knocked down (preferably an unteched knockdown) and if they block, it hits (as in it makes them block, doesn't really hit them) but if they try to do a reversal that has more than 3 frame startup, your attack whiffs and you block. I'm terrible at explaining.
Here's an example

You can also option select with an ultra with some characters, it's really effective.
Back to top Go down
SpeeDPuNcH
Mod
SpeeDPuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the game   Understanding the game EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:45 am

2:46 to the end is super important for you shoryu
Back to top Go down
Beatz

Beatz

XBL : SpD Beatz

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the game   Understanding the game EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 8:04 pm

My thing is combos and links. I try super hard but I always end up playing the way I did before.
Back to top Go down
SpeeDPuNcH
Mod
SpeeDPuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the game   Understanding the game EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 9:41 pm

^ You have to take time when you do them, and practice a specific playstyle you want in a match. Remember endless doesnt mean anything, so you can practice all day in there.
Back to top Go down
Beatz

Beatz

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the game   Understanding the game EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:48 pm

Yea that's true. I also changed the buttons around so I can get her combos out a little easier.
Back to top Go down
SpeeDPuNcH
Mod
SpeeDPuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the game   Understanding the game EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 3:06 am

Work on combos in training, and once you get them down there, practice them in real matches. That's the best way to get progress.
Back to top Go down
Beatz

Beatz

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the game   Understanding the game EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 3:16 am

Yea I'm doing that now. By the way, why isn't anyone online?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Understanding the game   Understanding the game Empty

Back to top Go down

Understanding the game
Page 1 of 1